Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Day has come at last and it did not disappoint. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, food, and family, what more could I ask for?
Watching the parade is a tradition in my family, although I only really watch for the Broadway shows and Rockettes! I really enjoyed the performances today, particularly Cinderella's. I'm looking forward to its revival, especially with Laura Osnes in the lead. She is one of my biggest role models. I wasn't enamored with Annie's performance, though, as I'm not a huge fan of the musical. Bring It On was enjoyable...wondering if I'll get a chance to see it before it closes on December 30! The best thing for me, however, was Elf's performance because I hadn't realized a former teacher of mine was in the show again! What a nice surprise to turn on the television and see her on the screen!
Besides the parade, my day has been fairly uneventful; just cooking, eating, and relaxing. And when I say eating, I mean it. I've probably gained 5lbs today, but it was worth it!

Thanksgiving cards for my parents to thank them for all they do.

Dad and his turkey






Dessert is the best part of Thanksgiving, in my opinion.
Above: 7 layer cookie bars courtesy of my father
 Below: Pumpkin pie, an absolute must on T-Day


Our other dessert offerings included: Dutch Apple Pie, Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Butterscotch/Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, Flourless Chocolate Cake & Gingerbread Cakes
Can you say FOOD COMA?

But of course, the best part was spending Thanksgiving with family. My lovely sister took this picture, but asked not to be included in any photos on the blog. Alas, you will not get to see her beautiful face yet.

Outtake! My dad and his antics. He's rather proud of that fig he has in his mouth as he grew it himself!

All in all, a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! I have so much to be grateful for: a healthy family, friends around the world, loving pets, being able to take a few days to relax, the opportunity to study at university, the opportunity to perform, the material luxuries my family has been able to enjoy, delicious food on the table...the list goes on and on. And I truly am thankful for it all, each and every day.

I hope everyone had as pleasant a Thanksgiving as I did and that an immense amount of delicious food was enjoyed with people you love! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment