Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Music/Movie Monday!

It's been a few days since I last posted, as I've been enjoying the last bit of Thanksgiving break. Unfortunately, school resumed today, and let me tell you, it is going to be a struggle getting through the next three weeks before Winter break! 
But onto more interesting things...

Saturday night I saw Skyfall with my parents. It was my first Bond movie, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I thoroughly enjoyed it! My dad, who has seen every Bond movie, wasn't quite as enamored with it as I was, but even he approved for the most part. Personally, I thought that while it dragged occasionally, it was a nice blend of action, violence, seduction, and psychological drama. Most impressive to me, though, was the acting. Spectacular performances all around, but Javier Bardem as Silva, the villain, was the stand-out. What a brilliant performance and unusual character!
So go see Skyfall! I will certainly be catching up on my Bond movies.

Related, is today's musical selection, la di da. I've been playing the title song for the movie, by Adele, nonstop for the past couple of days.


I loved the opening credits set to this song at the beginning of the movie. The animation was beautiful. I'm a huge fan of credits at the beginning of the movie, they're always so fun and creative. Honestly, I'm just a fan of credits in general. I always stay to watch the credits of a movie. Perhaps it's because I'm studying to be an actor myself, but so many people have put in their time and effort to create the movie I just enjoyed, so I always want to give them their dues. 

Have any of you seen Skyfall? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment