Thursday, January 10, 2013

Color Study: Red

While I wouldn't single it out as my favorite color, I am certainly attracted to red. I love the punch of color it brings to everything, which is why there's a good amount of the color in my wardrobe and home. So much, in fact, that I thought I'd do a quick "color study" with the red accents in my life at the moment.




Confession: I'm not a huge fan of getting flowers. I love flowers when they're outside, growing and living, but I've never wanted to receive them after a performance or on a date because I'd rather see them thrive then wither while decorating my house. Hence why the only flowers you'll see in my dorm or room are fake ones. As for my family, they frequently have cut ones in a vase in the kitchen, but the flowers pictured above are actually still live! This lovely little plant is sitting in its pot on our kitchen counter, brightening up the room.








Sadly I've not been leaving the house much, as I've been busy taking a Microeconomics course online for Winter Term, plus my friends have all already gone back to their universities. Luckily, I did get to venture out yesterday for a trip to Street Scene! This lovely red skirt is from there and was only, drumroll please, five dollars! I know! What a steal.

 

Outfit Details:
Striped Tee - Modcloth
Red skirt - Street Scene Vintage
Black heels - Goodwill
Red leather bracelet - Adele, Christmas gift from my mother
Red and silver earrings - Vintage
Tote bag (pictured below) - The Strand Bookstore




Perhaps the best thing that comes in the color red is red lipstick!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment