Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Grass is Always Greener

It's almost time for college and I've been blowing my money on all the best things: electronics (new camera and microphone), vintage clothes, pictures of Audrey Hepburn and a ukelele. Since I can't take my harp I figured I needed a new portable string instrument. And likewise for the camera. Until now I've been using my family's Nikon D60 when I needed something higher quality than my little Canon camera, but I'm now the owner of a (used, because you've gotta cut a few corners) Nikon D5000.
As it's brand new to me, I figured a test run was in order.









So far I like it. The colors don't seem as vivid as the D60, but it has HD video which is nice, especially if I discover a way to connect my external microphone to it. But any advice is appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are really beautiful, Fiona! I wish I had a decent camera. All we have in my house are point and shoots xD
    Also, yes to sheet music from Lena! I'm almost afraid to ask... But I still need to purchase a mic so I could actually upload the vocals to my computer xD Whatever! Miss you =]

    ReplyDelete