Monday, July 4, 2011

Start Driving. Keep Driving. Freedom.

A happy fourth of July, my American friends. 'Tis a day to celebrate independence and freedom. Woohoo! Not going to lie, it isn't an especially important holiday to me as, while I treasure the freedom and democracy that I recieve in this country thanks to our ancestors, I'm not the most patriotic person in the world. I prefer not to swear my whole-hearted allegiance to one place, particularly when that place and government is highly imperfect. Yet, America has been a pretty decent place to live for the past eighteen years.

Is there a point to this post? Not especially. Are there any pretty pictures? I'm afraid I must disappoint you. Yet I will post the enthralling information as to my current reading experience and future ideas for this blog shortly, so I hope that will inspire you to keep reading.

I never quite declared this, but The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets is to be a blog of life, with emphasis on vintage, fashion, art, knowledge and feminism. Sound decent? I hope so.
One feature that I'd like to mention is How To Be An Artist. HTBAA is a work of art/idea by SARK that is my most basic inspiration in life. Therefore, one line at a time, I intend to share that poster of sentences detailing how to be an artist, complete with pictures and what it means to me. Hopefully that will be a weekly thing among my daily posts. Assuming daily posts also continue. But there's that.

So with nothing left to say and fireworks calling to me, I bid thee goodnight.

xo Fi

Currently reading: The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff

Title lyrics from: Freedom by Kerrigan and Lowdermilk

No comments:

Post a Comment